Slow Cooker Vegan Cream of Potato Soup
Making this vegan cream of potato soup is easy with a slow cooker. Sauté leeks and onions in a skillet before adding them to a slow cooker with potatoes, vegetable broth, and spices. Cook the vegetables for a few hours, soymilk, and purée. Serve with chopped fresh chives.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 large leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the leeks and onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaf, pepper, and thyme. Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the soymilk and salt. Purée using an immersion blender or traditional blender.
- Garnish with chives before serving.