Slow Cooker Vegan Creamed Spinach
Make a vegan béchamel sauce on the stovetop and then mix it with spinach and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker to make this easy creamed spinach.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the soymilk and whisk until all lumps are removed and sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg and salt.
- Transfer sauce to 2-quart slow cooker. Stir in spinach and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir well and transfer to a serving dish.