Slow Cooker Vegan Curried Cauliflower
Heating the oil and spices in a slow cooker will bloom them, or deepen the flavors of the spices. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook slowly for a few hours to make this flavorful vegan stew.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 3 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- Heat olive oil in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker set on high. Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the onion, tomatoes, chickpeas, cauliflower, water, and salt. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours.
- Scoop into individual bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with white rice.