Slow Cooker Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
While potatoes cook in slow cooker with vegetable broth, roast a head of garlic with olive oil in the oven. Mash the roasted garlic, soy milk, salt and pepper into the potatoes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled anc chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head garlic, top 1⁄4 trimmed off
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth to a 4-quart slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Place the head of garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle cloves of garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil. Loosely close the foil and place in the oven for 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, remove roasted garlic cloves from peel.
- To the cooked potatoes, add 8 to 10 cloves roasted garlic, soy milk, salt, and pepper. Mash with a potato masher.