Slow Cooker Vegan Southwest Corn Chowder
The russet potatoes in this recipe will slowly break up during the cooking process and add to the creaminess of the chowder.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small red jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) creamed corn
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the vegan margarine; add the onion and jalapeño, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.