Slow Cooker Vegetable Broth
A versatile vegetable broth can be used as the base for almost any soup or stew. Note that it does not contain salt, so you must add that separately when using this broth in recipes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large onions, peeled and halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut in half
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 whole bulb garlic, crushed
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Strain the broth to remove the vegetables. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.