Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna
Frozen ground “meat” crumbles are a soy-based meat substitute available from BOCA and other plant-based food companies.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (8 oz.) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups frozen ground (veggie) burger crumbles, thawed
- Mix the marinara sauce and tomatoes with their juice together in a bowl.
- Spray the inside of the crock in the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Spoon 1 cup of the sauce-tomato mixture into slow cooker. Arrange ¼ of the noodles over sauce, overlapping the noodles and breaking them into pieces so they are sized to cover as much sauce as possible. Spoon about ¾ cup sauce over the noodles, and then top that with ½ cup ricotta and ½ cup shredded cheese. Spread half of the burger crumbles over cheese. Repeat layering two more times beginning with noodles, but in middle layer, replace the thawed ground burger crumbles with the spinach. Place remaining noodles over spinach, then top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until the noodles are cooked and the cheese is melted.