Slow Cooker Welsh Rarebit
Welsh Rarebit can be served as a party dip or spooned over toast points and then dusted with paprika. Itʼs also good served as part of a breakfast buffet to be spooned over scrambled eggs or egg-topped English muffins.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ cups beer
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 large eggs
- Pour 2 cups beer, butter, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker. Cook uncovered on high for ½ hour.
- Put half of the grated cheese and the flour in a zip-closure bag. Shake well to coat the cheese with flour, adding as much of the cheese to the bag as will fit and still allow room to mix it with the flour. Add all of the cheese-flour mixture and remaining cheese to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until cheese is melted.
- Add the dry mustard and the eggs to a bowl or measuring cup; whisk to combine. Whisk the remaining ½ cup of beer into the egg mixture and then slowly stir the egg mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for ½ hour. To serve, reduce the heat setting of the slow cooker to warm.