Slow Cooker White Bean and Cilantro Dip
This versatile dip can be served with tortilla chips, pita wedges, vegetables, or spread onto a sandwich.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. dry white beans (1 cup)
- 3¼ cups water, divided
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and stemmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour dry beans and 3 cups water in a 4-quart slow cooker, cover, and cook on high heat for 5 hours or until the beans are tender. Drain.
- After the beans have cooked, puree the cilantro leaves, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Transfer the herb mixture to a small bowl.
- Add the drained white beans and ¼ cup water to the food processor and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the white beans and the herb mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.