Slow Cooker White Bean and Vegetable Stew
Make this hearty bean and vegetable stew in a slow cooker. Serve with crispy flatbread, crusty bread, or crackers.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground fennel
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Add soaked and drained beans, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, parsley, fennel, rosemary, chervil, salt, pepper, and broth to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until carrots and potatoes are tender.