Slow Cooker Wild Mushroom Risotto
This makes a great side dish, or try it as a main course paired with a green salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 oz. sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sauté the shallot and garlic until soft. Add ½ cup stock and cook until half of the stock has evaporated. Add the rice and cook until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Scrape the rice mixture into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add the water and remaining stock, and cook on low for 1 hour. Stir the mushrooms in to the rice. Sprinkle with chives before serving.