Slow-Roasted Balsamic Tomato Soup
Slow roasting unlocks the flavors of the tomatoes for a rich, delicious soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, crushed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the vegetable stock and place in a roasting tray. Slow-roast for approximately 30 minutes in the oven until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and place in a pot with the vegetable stock.
- Simmer over medium heat for 35 minutes. Purée the mixture in a food processor or blender.