Slow-Roasted Garlic and Tomato Sauce
Two 28-ounce cans of diced tomatoes are a good substitute for fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes when fresh tomatoes are not in season.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3½ lbs. tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. granulated cane sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 heads roasted garlic, cloves removed from peel
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3–4 hours.