Smashed Baby Red Potatoes with Cilantro
These potatoes are baked after boiling to give them a crispy exterior.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. small red new potatoes
- 1 tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, washed well
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, and add 1⁄2 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 minutes. Transfer to a colander and drain.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and smash each with a spatula. Drizzle with the olive oil, and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes
- Toss with the cilantro leaves just before serving.