Smoked Chicken and Pasta
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ lb. smoked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, shallots, and garlic until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and add the wine. Cook 10 minutes over medium-high heat until reduced to syrup consistency.
- Add the cream and reduce heat heat to low. Add the chicken and tomatoes and simmer until the chicken is heated through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir butter and parsley into sauce, then pour over pasta. Toss and serve.