Smoked Roasted Carrot Hummus
This bean-free hummus is a tasty twist on the traditional and a great way to use up those forgotten carrots in the back of the crisper drawer.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer carrots to the bowl of a food processor, add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with additional olive oil and smoked paprika if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.