Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Sandwich
This elegant sandwich is perfect for a special luncheon.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices wheat bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 lb. smoked salmon
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Toss the sliced cucumber with salt and set for 10 minutes. Squeeze the cukes dry and toss with the vinegar and sugar.
- Mix together the onion and cream cheese and spread on all 4 slices of bread. Top with salmon, then the cucumbers. Top off with the remaining bread and serve.