Smoked Salmon, Eggs, and Cheese Casserole
This is an excellent brunch dish. Serve with a salad on the side and feast!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- ⅛ lb. smoked salmon
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray a 1-quart soufflé dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside. Cut bread into quarters.
- Place the egg yolks, cream cheese, onion, pepper, bread, and milk in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold the beaten egg whites into the cheese mixture and gently mix in the salmon and pepper. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.