Smoked Salmon Hand Rolls
With a little practice, hand rolls can be a great, healthy addition to your diet. Once you master this recipe, try other combinations using different fish and vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 nori sheets, perforated
- 1½ cups cooked sushi rice, cooled
- 6 oz. smoked salmon slices
- 1 medium avocado, cut into eighths
- Tear each nori sheet in half. Moisten your hands and divide rice into 6 portions, forming into balls.
- Pick up nori sheet and hold shiny side down in the palm of your hand (if you’re right-handed, hold nori sheet in left hand and vice versa). Moisten your hand again and place 1 rice ball at a slight angle to far left of sheet; press to a ¼" thickness leaving space between rice and edges of nori sheet; press your index finger into middle to make an indentation the size of your finger.
- Keep the nori in your hand and add salmon and avocado. Still holding nori in one hand, use your other hand and tightly roll up bottom left-hand corner on a diagonal, over rice and filling. Create a cone by tightly wrapping opposite right-hand edge around. Fold and tuck to create a cone shape. With a moist finger, place a piece or two of rice on the corner to secure inside edge of nori to outside.