Smoked Salmon Pizza
Go gourmet the next time you’re craving pizza. This upscale version is made with a basil-pesto sauce, goat cheese, artichoke hearts and smoked salmon.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hour 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic Flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- To make dough: In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and water; stir until dissolved. Sprinkle with yeast; let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, until foamy. Mix in oil.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt. Add mixture to wet ingredients; stir to combine. Using floured hands, knead until a smooth ball forms. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover loosely with towel and set in warm place to rise for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to prepare pizzas, preheat oven to 450°F. Divide dough and make two 10” pizzas; place on baking sheet or pizza stone. Using fork, prick crust all over; brush with olive oil.
- Bake dough for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush crusts with pesto. Layer on artichoke hearts, salmon, goat cheese and Asiago cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown.