Smoked Salmon Quiche
Apple juice adds a sweet note and complements the smoked salmon and Havarti in this special quiche.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. chopped dill
- 1½ cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9”)
- 1 package (8 oz.) smoked salmon, chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter and oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper over onions; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in apple juice and evaporated milk; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes, until thick. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add dill. Stir egg mixture into onion mixture and blend well. Sprinkle half of the Havarti cheese into bottom of pie crust.
- Pour onion/egg mixture over Havarti cheese and top with salmon and remaining Havarti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and set.