Smoked Salmon Rillette
Rillettes refer to “potted meat.” Try this recipe as a spread on your appetizer spread or filling for crepes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the smoked salmon, salt, and pepper until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the butter; mix until thoroughly blended. Add the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and chives. Add the salt and pepper and more lemon juice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with chives and serve with toasted baguette.