If you add some wood chips to your fire, this will be even more delicious.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large tart apples, peeled, halved, and cored
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup cider
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Juice and zest of ½ medium lemon
- Set the grill to high heat.
- Place apple halves on the grill over a hot fire for 1 minute per side.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the grilled apples to the sauce. Cook 10 minutes, breaking the apples up with a fork.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.