Smoky Avocado Soup
This rich and creamy soup can be a starter for a Tex-Mex party or part of a lunch menu served with a fruit salad and some warmed flour tortillas.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- Slice avocados and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and place in blender container or food processor. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Add 1⁄2 cup chicken broth and cream cheese; cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Add remaining chicken broth, yogurt, cream, cayenne pepper, salt, and chipotle pepper and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with salsa and drizzle with oil.