Smoky Chicken Wings
Smoked paprika lends plenty of smoky flavor. Or you can sub 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke for the same savory effect.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 2 pounds canola oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- To make glaze, combine maple syrup, soy sauce and garlic powder in saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid has reduced to about ½ cup, about 8–10 minutes. Stir in paprika; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, and set wire racks in each. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, toss wings with oil and salt. Arrange on prepared baking sheets. Roast until skin is browned and crisp (safe internal temp. 165°F), about 50 minutes.
- Toss wings with glaze, and return to baking sheets. Bake 10 more minutes, or until glaze darkens. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.