Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder
This smoky and spicy soup is the perfect quick meal for a busy night. It’s luscious and bright, and it’s as perfect for a dinner party as it is a quick midweek meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. hot smoked paprika
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add potatoes and stir well. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are softened.
- Stir in corn and paprika and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let the soup sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Ladle the soup into a blender and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Process the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan over low heat. Add cream and cook 5 minutes until heated through.