Smoky Homemade Mayonnaise
You can use olive oil in this recipe in place of avocado oil. If you prefer a milder taste, opt for extra-light olive oil. If you like mayonnaise with a strong olive oil flavor, go for extra-virgin.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup avocado oil
- Combine egg and lemon juice in a narrow container and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add adobo, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and avocado oil. Insert an immersion blender into mixture until it hits the bottom of the container.
- Turn the blender on and blend for 30 seconds. As the mixture starts to emulsify, pull the blender out of the mixture slightly to mix in the oil on the top.
- Transfer to a tightly sealed container and store in the refrigerator.