Smoky Tomato Dip
Craving smoky flavors? This garlicky roasted tomato-based dip can be made in just minutes.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3⁄4 cup raw unsalted walnut halves
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 2 cloves cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Smoked chipotle pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On ungreased baking sheet, arrange walnuts in single layer. Bake 4 to 6 minutes, shaking pan a few times to prevent burning. Allow to cool.
- In food processor, blend together walnuts, tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, parsley, oil, vinegar, paprika, salt and cayenne until mostly smooth. If desired, add more cayenne, or a few drops of smoked chipotle pepper sauce.