Smoky Top Sirloin or Round Roast
Be sure to leave the fat on the roast to moisturize the meat. Serve this with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable for a classic comfort-food dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 lbs. top sirloin roast
- Preheat the grill to medium-low, about 325°F or well-ashed coals.
- Mix all the ingredients except the roast. Rub the mixture into the meat, and let it rest for an hour or until it reaches room temperature.
- Brown the roast on all sides over direct heat on the grill.
- Either set it aside on indirect heat, or turn down the gas. Close the lid of the grill. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.