Smooth Cauliflower Soup
Creamy cauliflower soup with a hint of nutmeg will warm you on any chilly day. Serve with crackers or rustic bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 lbs.), cut into florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in onion and cook about 5 minutes, or until translucent. Stir often to keep onion from browning. Add wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add the stock, cauliflower, salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg and bring up to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until very smooth. Stir in half of the milk and purée until very smooth. If the soup is too thick, add the remaining milk and blend until it is smooth and creamy. Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of pepper.