Smooth Tomato Sauce
Save to My Recipes
Use this sauce on pasta, pizza, or egg dishes. It also makes a great pizza sauce
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp. marjoram
- 2 cans (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir in oregano, rosemary, dried basil, crushed red pepper, and marjoram.
- Lower the heat, add tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper, and simmer gently for 75 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, whisk sauce until smooth. Stir in fresh basil.