Snack mix is a standard appetizer at most parties that is fast and easy to make. Prepare it a day in advance and store in a zippered plastic bag to save some time the day of an event.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 cups corn and rice cereal
- 3 cups wheat cereal squares
- 1 cup oat “O” shaped cereal
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 250ºF. Combine cereals, nuts, and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to distribute.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir. Continue baking for 45 more minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, so that total cooking time is 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Spread mix out on cookie sheets and let cool.