Craving something sweet? These classic snickerdoodle cookies are soft, chewy and ready in half an hour for the perfect impromptu treat.
Serves: 36Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter, 1½ cups sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla extract. Fold in flour mixture. Roll into 1½” balls.
- In small, shallow bowl, mix together ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture; arrange on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, until just set. Allow to cool on cookie sheet.