Snickerdoodle Donut Holes
Store-bought dough is an easy shortcut to making these light and fluffy donut holes!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Buttermilk Jumbo Biscuits
- Canola oil
- 1 container (3.75 oz.) Cinnamon & Sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- Hot chocolate, to serve (optional)
- Fill a heavy-duty 2½ quart medium pot with 1”-2” canola oil. Heat on medium until 350°F registers on a candy thermometer.
- Remove biscuits from tube. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Tightly roll each piece into a ball. Add cinnamon, sugar and cayenne to a medium bowl. Stir together.
- When oil is hot, carefully drop 4-5 dough pieces at a time. Turn the dough until all sides are golden, cooking about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove donut holes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Immediately add donut holes to the cinnamon mixture (within 30 seconds of frying) and toss to coat.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Serve on their own or with hot chocolate to dip in.