Snickerdoodles are a perfect cookie to bake with children. Even the smallest child loves to roll the balls in the cinnamon-and-sugar mixture.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Beat together butter and 1 1⁄2 cups sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into butter mixture. Blend well. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together on a plate. Roll dough into small balls the size of a walnut. Roll each ball in sugar mixture; place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes. Cookies will flatten out as they cool.