These pretty cookies can be an elegant addition to parties during the holiday season. They’re a delicious treat year-round, too.
Makes: 60 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 60 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1¼ cup confectioners’ sugar. divided
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 tsp. water
- Beat butter, vanilla, water, and ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar until creamy. Add flour and nuts.
- Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of cookie dough and roll into a small ball. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat for each cookie.
- Bake 10–12 minutes. Roll in confectioners’ sugar while still hot.