Snowy Lemon Cookies
Longing for that box of powdered sugar–covered lemon cookies from your childhood? Well, here they are!
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. unsweetened lemonade drink mix
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, granulated sugar, margarine, shortening, egg replacement, vanilla extract, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine until the dough is crumbly. Form into 1-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar with lemonade mix in a gallon-size plastic bag. Once cookies are baked, but still hot, place 5 or 6 at a time into the bag and shake gently to coat.
- Cool completely.