Snowy Lemon Cookies
Longing for that box of powdered sugar–covered lemon cookies from your childhood? Well, here they are!
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 36 cookies
- 1½ cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. unsweetened lemonade drink mix
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together ½ cup confectioners' sugar, granulated sugar, margarine, shortening, egg replacement, vanilla extract, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine until the dough is crumbly. Form into 1" balls and place about 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 13–15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar with lemonade mix in a gallon-size plastic bag. Once cookies are baked, but still hot, place 5 or 6 at a time into the bag and shake gently to coat.
- Cool completely.