So Delicious® Blueberry Buttermilk Protein Waffles & Pancakes
Boost your breakfast with protein-packed waffles or pancakes with yummy blueberries!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Silk® or So Delicious® Dairy Free Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Vanilla Vega® Essentials or French Vanilla Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (omit if making pancakes)
- Maple syrup (optional topping)
- Blueberries (optional topping)
- Chopped walnuts (optional topping)
- Combine apple cider vinegar and almond milk, set aside (to make buttermilk).
- Make a flax seed “egg” by combining flax seed and water. Stir and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and Vega Essentials or Vega One. If making waffles, add sugar now.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, flax seed egg, buttermilk mixture and coconut oil (1 tablespoon for pancakes, 2 for waffles).
- Mix wet into dry ingredients, until mostly combined, then fold in blueberries. (If the batter appears too thick, and more almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time. If it’s too thin, add 1 tablespoon flour at a time.)
- **For Waffles** 1. Preheat waffle iron. 2. Lightly grease waffle iron with coconut oil. 3. Cook waffles as per waffle iron directions.
- **For Pancakes:** 1. Heat pan on med heat. 2. Lightly grease pan with coconut oil. 3. Once hot, drop pancake batter onto pan. 4. Flip once batter is bubbly in the center, 3 minutes. 5. Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.