Socca with Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Socca is a gluten-free flatbread made from garbanzo bean flour. It’s loaded with fiber and protein, making it the perfect base for a plant-based meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together chickpea flour, water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Preheat an empty 10” cast iron skillet in oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the hot skillet and pour in chickpea batter. Return to oven and bake 15-18 minutes or until socca is crispy around the edges and set in the center.
- In a bowl, toss together arugula, grapefruit, avocado, remaining olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Cut socca into 4 pieces and serve topped with salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers.