Soft Tacos with Spicy Chicken Breast
Chopping the vegetables is what takes time for this recipe. Use precut veggies from the salad bar where possible as a timesaver.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), cut into into ½" strips
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¾ cup salsa, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 flour tortillas (8”)
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup seeded and diced tomato
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce leaves
- ⅓ cup diced avocado
- Season chicken with garlic salt and cayenne.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until almost done, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ¼ cup salsa and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and finish cooking the chicken, about 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- To serve, place each tortilla on a serving plate. Equally divide the chicken between the tortillas. Top with equal amounts of cheese, tomato, lettuce, and avocado. Serve with the remaining salsa.