Sorghum Molasses Cookies
Bake these when the weather starts to cool down and enjoy with those you love.
Makes: 18Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1⁄2 packed cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger and mix on low speed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and beat to incorporate; add molasses and mix until well combined. Add to bowl with dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed.
- Scoop out dough, roll into a ball, and then flatten into a disk between your hands.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart and bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cookies should not be over-baked and should have a gooey texture. Cool on a rack. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner’s sugar before serving.