Soupe d’Asperges Vertes Glacée (Cold Asparagus Soup)
This delicious cold soup has smoked salmon for the omega-3 benefit!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 oz. green asparagus, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. diced chives
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, cut in ½" squares
- Cut off the asparagus heads. Fill a saucepan with water, bring to a boil over high heat, and poach the heads for 2 minutes. Take them out with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the rest of the asparagus in it for 2–3 minutes, adding salt, pepper, and the stock, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put in the blender, add the cream, and process until smooth. Pour in a large bowl, and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve in individual bowls, sprinkling diced chives and smoked salmon in each.