Soupe de Cresson (Watercress Soup)
Watercress soup is very healthy. Watercress is full of antioxidants, and can also improve your vision and cure eye problems. This is a low-calorie version of the recipe and a great detox soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups water
- 2 bunches upland watercress, about ½ lb.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- Bring the chicken stock and the water to a boil over high heat, in a large saucepan.
- Wash the watercress, take the roots off, chop the bunches in half, and add to the boiling chicken stock. Add salt and black pepper, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, take out the watercress leaves, put them in a blender with 1 cup of the stock, and process well. Put back in the saucepan with the stock and add bell pepper, stir well, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a tablespoon of crème fraîche in each bowl.