Soupe de Pois Chiches Glacée (Cold Chickpea Soup)
This iced cold soup with garbanzo beans is inspired by North African cuisine, which is a big influence on today’s French home cooking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 containers (7 oz.) Greek yogurt
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Espelette pepper (or paprika)
- 1 Tbsp. plus one tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cilantro leaves
- Put 1 Greek yogurt and half of the second one in the blender. Reserve the leftover yogurt.
- Add the garbanzo beans to the blender with the cumin, ginger, Espelette pepper, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Pour back in a serving bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Serve in individual bowls, adding a drop of olive oil, a cilantro leaf, and a teaspoon of Greek yogurt to the center of each bowl.