Soupe de Radis Glacée (Cold Radish Soup)
Radishes and cucumber come together perfectly in this refreshing appetizer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bunches radishes
- 2⅛ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 medium organic cucumber, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 coriander seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups whole-milk plain yogurt
- 8 mint leaves
- Reserve half the radishes. Cut the first bunch of the radishes in very thin slices, almost transparent, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper on them and put in the refrigerator. Sprinkle the shredded cucumber with 1 teaspoon salt and put in the refrigerator as well.
- Pour the rest of the radishes in a blender, with the rest of the cucumber, garlic cloves, coriander seeds, and lemon juice. Process well for 2 minutes, then add the yogurt. Process again for 2 minutes. Pour in a serving bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take the cucumber slices out of the refrigerator, pick them up and squeeze them over the sink. Add the cucumber slices to the serving bowl, stir well, then add half of the radish slices and stir again. Sprinkle with ⅛ salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Dice 4 mint leaves.
- Serve in individual bowls, adding the rest of the radish slices and sprinkling diced mint on top of each. Add one mint leaf to each bowl.