Soupe Froide de Concombre (Cold Cucumber Soup)
The hydrating powers of the cucumber make it a great vegetable for summer, iced soup included!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 7 oz. Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 mint leaves
- Reserve 4 tablespoons of diced cucumber and put them in a bowl. Put 1 teaspoon kosher salt on them, stir well, cover in plastic wrap, and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Pour the unreserved cucumbers, garlic, chicken stock, and Greek yogurt in the blender. Process until very smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl, add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and stir well. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Before serving, pour the reserved diced cucumber into the soup. Decorate with mint leaves. Serve very cold.