Soupe Froide de Courgettes au Fromage de Chèvre (Cold Zucchini Soup with Goat Cheese)
Goat cheese, zucchini, and mint are a great refreshing combination in this chilled green soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 small organic zucchini, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced, and 8 mint leaves
- 5 oz. goat cheese
- Reserve half of the diced zucchini in a bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat, and add the diced onion. Stir well for about 3 minutes, until they become transparent. Then add the diced garlic (green part discarded), and half of the diced zucchini. Stir well and brown slightly for 2 minutes.
- Cover with chicken stock and water, add salt and pepper, stir well and cook for 20 minutes on low heat. Pour into a blender. Add the minced mint. Process well for about 4 minutes. Pour the puréed soup in a serving bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the other half of the diced zucchini. Cook them slowly for 5 minutes, stirring and reducing the heat if necessary. Then pour in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Five minutes before serving, crumble the goat cheese over the soup and stir. Decorate with mint leaves on the top.