Soupe Froide à la Betterave (Chilled Beet Soup with Feta)
The color of this soup is a thrill in itself! Beets with feta is both sweet and so refreshing.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 beets (1 lb.), trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 oz. feta cheese, cut in 1⁄2-inch cubes
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add white vinegar, and bring to a boil over high heat. Put beets in the boiling water, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut them into small cubes. Fill a medium saucepan with chicken stock and 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add beets and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour beets and cooking liquid into a blender and process for about 4 minutes, then pour into a serving bowl. Add rice or cider vinegar, stir well, and add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- About 5 minutes before serving, mix the feta into the soup.