Soupe Froide à la Betterave (Chilled Beet Soup with Feta)
Save to My Recipes
The color of this soup is a thrill in itself! Beets with feta is both sweet and so refreshing.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 beets (1 lb.), trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1–2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 oz. feta cheese in bulk, cut in ½" cubes
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add the white vinegar, and bring to a boil over high heat. Put the beets in the boiling water, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Peel the beets and cut them in small cubes. Fill a medium saucepan with the chicken stock and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the beets and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour beets and cooking liquid into a blender and process for about 4 minutes, then pour into a serving bowl. Add the rice vinegar or cider vinegar, stir well, and add salt and pepper. Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- About 5 minutes before serving, mix the feta into the soup.