Soupe Glacée à l’Avocat (Chilled Avocado Soup)
To really enjoy this chilled avocado soup, you have to make it one day ahead.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 12 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 avocados
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Espelette pepper (or paprika)
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Fill a medium saucepan with the chicken stock and the water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the arugula, and boil for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, take the leaves out, put them in a blender, add a cup of the stock, and process until smooth. Pour the blended arugula leaves back in the saucepan, bring back to a boil, and keep on medium-high heat for 5 minutes after the boiling point.
- In a large serving bowl, spoon out the avocado flesh and mash with a fork, stirring the lemon juice in. Add salt, pepper, and Espelette pepper, then mash again until the avocados are really smooth.
- Slowly pour the boiling stock onto the avocados, stirring well, adding more liquid only when the mixture is smooth. At the end, the mixture must be even and somewhat thick. Cover and put in the fridge for 12 hours at least.
- The next day, dice the bacon slices and fry them in the olive oil. Dry them with a paper cloth, put in a bowl, and reserve.
- Serve with bacon pieces on top of each bowl.