Soupe Poireau Pommes de Terre (Potato Leek Soup)
Leeks and potato soup is the most basic, and maybe the most popular, soup in France.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- Wash the leeks in cold water, dry them, and remove and discard the green parts. Cut them in thin slices.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat and melt the butter slightly. Add leeks and cook for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir well with a wooden spatula. Add salt, pepper, stock, and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Put all ingredients in a blender, and process for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.